Thursday, March 27, 2014

Can You Really Bring Sexy Back?

As mentioned in my original post, I'm going to prove which diets work. All the fads, the plans, you name it, I'll (try to) try it!

My first diet attempt is the reduction of calorie intake. I'll be consuming an average of 1,200 calories of healthy foods, eating every 2.5 hours, drinking lots of water, and keeping up on my exercises. I'll post what I eat, what workouts I do, and how I'm feeling. I started on Monday to see if I notice any changes, and I already feel great!

Photo 
Here's the promised "personal information" I mentioned on Facebook yesterday. My sweet husband was in class one morning and I was thinking of ways to surprise him while he was gone. Make him wish he was home with me. I took a look at myself, tried to make myself look sexy (or at least think I was sexy), and I couldn't do it. This is what I saw  ------------------------------>
I was disgusted. There were folds and fat where there wasn't supposed to be. I couldn't see how anyone, especially my husband, could find me attractive. That's the girl mentality though, right?! We're so hard on ourselves! 

So, I decided to do something. I searched for hours on how to look and feel better, and once I thought of a plan,  I found even more sites that tore my ideas down. I couldn't handle it. I've been lying to people for years about my weight. Time to change...

Again, I know I'm not huge, but I'm not happy. I've had similar measurements for as long as I can remember. My body is stubborn and so am I. I haven't been able to find a way to change for good.
Here were my measurements on Monday, March 24:
169 pounds, 39" around stomach, 35" waist, 13" arms, 26" thighs, and 1.5" of fat that I can pinch at my stomach.
But remember, I just want to feel better. Measurements are to help me show real results.

If I can eat these foods, so can you! I was the girl who couldn't eat food if it touched, refused to eat broccoli until about a year ago, and pretty much only ate green beans and corn as my veggies. Remember to try MyFitnessPal. It's fun and easy to use (see photo below). I would recommend eating fish for some meals too. I love it, but recently found out I'm allergic :(. Enjoy it! It's easy to cook and very tasty! Good luck!



Day 1: Through the day I ate Breakfast: Cinnamon Chex cereal with 1% milk  Lunch: 6oz cup of Strawberry Banana Yogurt with half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a ziplock bag of popcorn, Snacks: 1/2 a fuji apple, 6 cocoa roasted almonds, half of a homemade banana dark chocolate chip donut (left over from the weekend) Dinner: (right) cheesy pasta with hamburger,  and a cup of V-8 Fusion juice.

Exercise: 25 minutes on the "weight loss" setting of an elliptical, 3 sets with 15 reps of all the following: 65lb barbell squats, 75lb weighted standing calf raises, 10lb dumbbell bicep curls, 75lb tricep dips.



Day 2: Breakfast: Two Energy balls Lunch: Slim Fast vanilla cream meal shake Dinner: (left) 1/2 a chicken breast of Honey grilled chicken, 1/3 cup kale chips, 3/4 cup grapes. Snacks: Special K dark chocolate granola bar, vegetable dish (.5 cup raw carrots, .25 cup raw cucumber, .25 cup cherry tomatoes, 2 tbsp italian dressing).

Exercise:10 minute walking on treadmill incline, 3 sets of 12-15 reps of the following: 45lb chest press, 45lb chest flies, 45lb pullovers, 75lb lat pulldown, 120lb back extension,  45lb shoulder press.



Day 3: Breakfast: Think Thin coconut chocolate mixed nut protein bar Lunch: Slim Fast chocolate shake Dinner: 2oz marinated steak (right), broccoli, and onion Snacks: 1.5 energy balls, cheese stick, strawberry banana yogurt.

Exercise: 20 minutes on "interval" setting of an elliptical, squat challenge:day 1, ab challenge, 30 reps of 15lb dumbbell side bends.


Day 4: Breakfast: Two energy balls. Lunch: Two fried eggs, 1 tsp chia seeds, and 1/4 avocado on one slice of whole wheat toast. Dinner: (below) Whole wheat pita bread, 1/4 cup tomato puree, italian seasoning, 1/3 cup red and green peppers, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1/6 cup cheese, .8oz cooked chicken. Snacks: string cheese,  Special K dark chocolate granola bar

Exercise: 10 min Running stairs, Fat-blasting workout, squat challenge day two, 2 sets of 30 butt bridge/hip thrusts.


I won't be measuring myself until Sunday, so stay tuned for the results on this diet! I will then continue it for one more week, and return to a healthy, but regular calorie diet. We'll see if it lasts!

Wish me luck!!!!!
WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

2 comments:

  1. Kenzie! You are so beautiful and I seriously love you so much. Good luck with this! I lost some weight last summer and have been able to keep it all off- I had a meal plan that I followed meticulously and it seemed to work fantastically. Would you like me to send it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, that would be awesome! You look so good and I'm sure your diet and tips would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete