Friday, September 12, 2014

You're Worthless, Ugly, and Slutty...

At some point in your life the world has convinced you of something you're not. You're worthless, ugly, slutty, weird, stupid, a dead-beat, unsuccessful, powerless, a nobody, and a waste are just a few of the lies we've heard at some point, or at least that have been portrayed. Right? Did you ever feel so unloved or unwanted that you would do just about anything to feel wanted, or happy, or accepted, or loved for just a few moments? You changed yourself to become something others wanted- something "acceptable" so you didn't feel so lonely or excluded. Well, that's not fair! You're so much better than that... Ladies, I mainly mean you.

"Inner beauty, too, needs occasionally to be told it is beautiful." 
-Robert Brault

You are so much better than you think. You're smart (book smart, street smart, magazine smart, tech smart, or combinations of many). You're talented- and don't say you're not because you're definitely good at something. I had a really hard time figuring out what my talents were and these types of exercises helped a lot!! You're loved dearly, so don't sell yourself short. You're worth more than you'll ever know- so don't give yourself away; be sure your love is earned and never taken for granted.


Did you know statistics show that every seven years half of your friends get replaced? I personally have seen it more than that. I'd say probably every three or four, mainly those between 17-26. Are you really going to try to fit in with people that don't really like you for who you are? If you're changing something about yourself just to feel included, you're not with the right people. 


Be brave. Be kind. Be friendly. Be open. Be happy, Be true to yourself. Be YOU. 

I'm in a time of my life that I want to be the best person I can be. I want to bring joy to those around me and feel happiness everyday too. Join me in finding ourselves again. I've set goals to be cheerful, share kindness, and always be willing to help those in need. I know I have work to do to get to that point, but I am so excited to feel better about myself. And, by feeling better about yourself, you gain confidence which comes off so beautifully on the outside :). 

Remember to keep sharing your ideas! I've loved the few that have come in so far, so please, keep sharing! It only takes 10 seconds!! Share your topic ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment