Sunday, June 1, 2014

Prepare for Potty Talk!

It's been too long... It's been a busy month of taking finals, moving out, living with my wonderful in-laws, vacationing in California, moving into my parents house, and starting work. But, I'm glad to report that I've lost two skirt sizes in the process! Why skirt sizes? That is what I'll be spending my summer wearing... pencil skirts. Woot woot!

Want to know how? Welcome to my first (and hopefully only) 
 Potty Talk Session


During my busy month, I watched Dr. Oz (very skeptically because I know he gets paid for almost all products he features) while waiting for my car at Jiffy Lube. He showed a diagram of how Metamucil works. This powder supplement is mixed with water/juice and after a few minutes it turns into a gel-like consistency. As it goes through your digestive process, the gel collects unnecessary sugar, water, and junk and pushes it to your poop. It's healthy, lowers cholesterol, you get a great amount of fiber, and better yet, IT WORKS! I've taken it almost every day for the last three weeks and love it.
You should try it. The Target brand mix is good too and much cheaper. Give it a try!!   My next challenge... Garcinia Cambogia. Stay tuned!!!



Need a new healthy dinner and snack idea?! Try these recipes! They're delicious :)

Zucchini Lasagna
This Zucchini Lasagna is delicious. I couldn't find a link to the recipe, but of course I'll list it below.



Ingredients: 
2 Zucchini (thin sliced with peeler)
16 oz Ground Turkey (very lean)
2 cups Low-Carb Spaghetti sauce (I've made it with tomato pure and italian seasoning)
1 cup Spinach
12 oz Cottage Cheese (1%)
1 Egg
4 oz Mozzarella (low fat)

Instructions:
With a potato peeler, slice zucchini into thin ribbons for "noodles". Brown ground turkey and add sauce. Combine spinach, cottage cheese, and egg in bowl. Layer with turkey and sauce. cottage cheese mixture, and zucchini "noodles" repeat layers. 

Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 4. 

               Secretly Healthy Banana Bread
Click here!
2 large eggs
1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup, sugar, or other sweetener)
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce 
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup oat flour (or any other type of flour; gluten-free, all-purpose, or whole wheat. I actually used white rice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less as you prefer)
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (the ones pictured are not quite ripe enough, I used four smallish brown speckled bananas, mashed well)



Thanks for reading! Love your body :)



2 comments:

  1. Hey Kenzie! I'm an old friend from middle school. Do you know if the metamucil capsules work the same as the powder? I've been wanting to add it to my diet but it's a bit on the pricey side for me, however I recently found some capsules for super cheap.

    Thanks and keep up the blog!!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni! Great question. They would be very similar products. The capsules actually do not have sugar, and therefore less carbs (which is nice). I know it can be pricey, but capsules are a great choice or the store brand powder works great too! I tried Target's brand and it works just as well.
      Good luck and thanks for reading!

      Delete